The Ares leadership team brings with it the values—experience, dedication, and commitment to service—that embody the company’s foundation.
Gen. Duncan J. McNabb, USAF (ret)
Co-Founder & Managing Partner
- Former Commander, United States Transportation Command (USTRANSCOM).
- Former US Air Force, Deputy Chief of Staff for Plans and Programs.
- Former Director for Logistics, Joint Chiefs of Staff and Secretary of Defense.
- Current Chairman of the Logistics Division of the National Defense Industrial Association.
VIEW FULL BIO
Gen. Duncan J. McNabb is the former commander, United States Transportation Command, Scott Air Force Base, IL. USTRANSCOM is the single manager for global air, land and sea transportation for the Department of Defense (DOD). Gen McNabb had command over $56B in strategic transportation assets, 150,000 soldiers, sailors, airmen, marines and civilians, and a worldwide command and control network. He also served as DOD’s Distribution Process Owner, overseeing DOD’s end to end supply chain, transportation and distribution to our forces worldwide.
Shirlene D. Ostrov
President & CEO
- Retired Colonel, US Air Force.
- Prior Commander of various Global Military Logistics Operations.
- Held Staff Positions for the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Deputy Secretary of Defense,
State Department, and the US Air Force Air Mobility Command.
- Co-Founder and President of Halau Nohona Hawai’i.
VIEW FULL BIO
Shirlene D. Ostrov is a highly respected professional who retired from the Untied States Air Force as a Colonel after 23 years of active duty service. She is a successful leader of large/complex organizations executing daily operations and developing long-range strategic plans. She has extensive combat experience commanding military logistics operations around the world and is well known as an agile strategic thinker trained in deliberate and crisis-action planning. Shirlene is a proven leader and logistics expert skilled in managing multi-modal supply chains and sustaining high-volume production processes. She has steep experience in interagency and legislative processes throughout Washington DC.